Civil Rights information is provided that reveals Civil Rights laws and obligations as applied to students classified as English Learners. Case studies of states that have experienced issues with Civil Rights lawsuits reveal how some schools in the United States have failed to address the academic needs of English Learners and what corrective actions were required in order to reach compliance.
- Powerpoint Presentation of the Translation and Interpretation for English Learners
– U.S. Dept. of Education > Webinars > Translation and Interpretation for English Learners
- Equitable Services Requirements – Services to Limited English Proficient (LEP) Students in Private Schools May 11th – PDF
- OCR DOJ Overlap Presentation for Title III Directors (7-25-14) – PDF
- Data for Compliance Monitoring Title III Directors Conference (7-23-14) – PDF
- Dear Colleague Letter, English Learner Students and Limited English Proficient Parents (01/7/2015)
– U.S. Dept. of Education > Education Officials > OCR Policies